Renter’s Insurance: Why Every Resident Needs It

Posted on: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 10:24am
Tagged with: apartment living

Renter's Insurance: Why Every Resident nNeeds it

We’ve have many questions as to why Chestnut Hill Realty requires all tenants to obtain a $50,000 liability policy upon move-in.  Accidents happen and CHR wants everyone to be prepared for the unexpected.  The liability policy you need in order to live at one of CHR’s apartment communities provides coverage when you’re legally responsible for causing damage to someone else’s property. The cost is minimal and if you have a roommate (limited to two) and you are listed on the same lease you have the option of sharing one policy.

In addition, we strongly recommend personal property coverage for your personal possessions to once again prepare for the unexpected. Personal property coverage will protect your personal possessions against, water damage, theft, fire, etc.  Landlord’s insurance does not cover damages or loss to tenants’ personal possessions.  This is solely the tenant’s responsibility.

Many insurance agents throughout Massachusetts and Rhode Island offer renter's insurance and the choice of an agent is completely up to you.  However, Chestnut Hill Realty has set up a renter’s insurance program through Assurant Specialty Property for all of our residents.  Log on to or call 1-855-846-9278 for more information.  Quotes through this program are provided in minutes and acceptance is guaranteed.