The affluent village of Chestnut Hill exemplifies traditional New England charm, with stately Colonial and Tudor style homes, tree-lined streets, and scenic vistas. In addition to an impressive roster of restaurants and shopping venues, this highly livable community is noteworthy for its schools and universities and close proximity to downtown Boston.
Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
Chestnut Hill is often described as an "urban village," noted for not only its proximity to Boston, but also for its post-secondary culture. The village itself is most famous because of the presence of Boston College, and is not actually named after one particular hill, but a series of rolling hills overlooking the Chestnut Hill Reservoir.
First, the area in and around the reservoir, which was the first part of the village to be developed, was created by Frederick Law Olmstead, who also designed New York's Central Park and Boston's Emerald Necklace. The village also has a number of historic districts which contain a wide variety of architectural styles, perhaps the most famous of which is the Boston College, done in the Collegiate Gothic style.
It was clear to us that any property we were to develop or purchase would need to live up to the standards set out by the town's history in order to become a desirable apartment to rent in Chestnut Hill, MA. We made sure to consider not only the physical layout of our properties, but how we could integrate it into the existing town framework, as well as what level of convenience it would offer our residents. Our Chestnut Hill, MA apartments at Hancock Estates and Hancock Village offer free shuttle service to the nearby T stop, with service every weekday at morning and during evening rush-hour.
Fortunately, for those who wish to stretch their legs and see what the area has to offer, an apartment in Chestnut Hill, MA will not disappoint, and our Hancock Estates and Hancock Village properties are situated in such a way as to allow easy access to great sites. If dining is your pleasure, everything from the Pho Lemongrass restaurant to the Fire and Ice restaurant are available in nearby Brookline and Cambridge. Entertainment abounds as well, including everything from Harvard Square to the Red Sox to the famous Boston Duck Tours, Harbor Cruises and House of Blues. Suffice it to say, life in Chestnut Hill is relaxed, but never boring. Our Hancock Village property also offers quick access to medical and wellness services, made more so by the use of our on-site ZipCars. Movie theaters and shopping are offered at Chestnut Hill Mall, The Street Chestnut Hill, and nearby Legacy Place.
2 Apartment Homes found in Chestnut Hill
200 Estate DriveChestnut Hill, MA 02467(833) 836-4732Brand new luxury apartment homes with top of the line finishes and amenities. Now welcoming new residents for winter/spring 2018 move in.42.303699-71.166728Boston: 6.6 miles / Providence 35.5 miles get directions
- 1 BR: $3350-4295
- 2 BR: $4150-6900
298 Independence DriveChestnut Hill, MA 02467(833) 669-6703Hancock Village townhome apartments combine the best of the suburbs and the city in a cost-effective package.42.2971179-71.1576099Boston: 6.6 miles / Providence 35.2 miles get directions
- 1 BR: $2060-2770
- 2 BR: $2370-3350
Chestnut Hill Highlights
- 55 Boylston StreetChestnut Hill, MA 02467(617)232-8900
The Street offers a variety of exceptional shopping and dining destinations, including Legal Sea Foods, Aquitaine...
- 680 Legacy PlaceDedham, MA 02026(781)329-3009
Legacy Place offers the best shopping, dining and entertainment experience in the region. The center features a...
- The Atrium Mall 42.3191852-71.1816744
- The Chestnut Hill Mall (199 Boylston Street, Chestnut Hill, MA) 42.3205752-71.1748808
- Legacy Place (680 Legacy Place, Dedham, MA) 42.2319427-71.17899769999997
- Greek International Food Market (5204 Washington St, West Roxbury, MA) 42.261351 °-71.156934 °
- CVS (1921 Centre Street, West Roxbury, MA) 42.284144 °-71.156844 °
- Ocean State Job Lot (100 Providence Highway, Dedham, MA) 42.140246 °-71.218551 °
- Dedham Mall (300 Providence Hwy, Dedham, MA) 42.145880 °-71.215702 °
- Chestnut Hill Mall (199 Boylston Street, Brookline, MA) 42.330594 °-71.122330 °
- Chestnut Hill Square Shopping (200 Boylston Street, Brookline, MA) 42.330497 °-71.122596 °
- Eagles Deli Restaurant (1918 Beacon St., Brighton, MA) 42.3364715-71.1491081
- Cityside (1960 Beacon St, Brighton, MA) 42.3364-71.1501
- Waterford's Restaurant & Pub (2 Bridge St, Dedham, MA) 42.270598 °-71.173297 °
- Riverside Pizza (7 Needham St, Dedham, MA) 42.270078 °-71.174117 °
- Brickhouse Cafe (107 Bridge St, Dedham, MA) 42.267648 °-71.175997 °
- Fairouz (5268 Washington Street, West Roxbury, MA) 42.259298 °-71.159197 °
- Halfway Cafe (174 Washington Street, Dedham, MA) 42.252919 °-71.167192 °
- Turtle Pond (Turtle Pond Parkway, Boston, MA) 42.246298 °-71.136196 °