Whether you're looking for a burger and a beer or something finer, the Fenway area is home to its fair share of amazing restaurants. Here are our top 10 picks for dining out near your Fenway luxury apartment.
10 Top Fenway Restaurants
1. El Pelón Taquería, 92 Peterborough St. - Not only is this one of the best Mexican joints in the Boston area, it is one of the best restaurants in Fenway. Fish tacos, carnitas burritos, and plantains are among fan favorites.
2. The Squealing Pig, 134 Smith St. - A quick trek from the Colleges of the Fenway, the Squealing Pig offers toasted sandwiches, flatbreads, and burgers. Their Mars toastie is a must-try dessert option.
3. Eastern Standard, 528 Commonwealth Ave. - Cocktails, wine, charcuterie, raw bar, and more make the Hotel Commonwealth's Eastern Standard a local favorite for food and drinks. On a nice day, snag a patio seat to people watch.
4. Sweet Cheeks, 1381 Boylston St - For Southern food, Sweet Cheeks is a true hidden gem. Add unbelievable biscuits with honey butter, a hearty farm salad, some of the best fried chicken, and tempting desserts and you can't miss this place.
5. Mei Mei Street Kitchen, 506 Park Dr. - The brick-and-mortar location of this Asian food truck delivers scallion pancake friend egg sammies and appetizer favorites on the Boston/Brookline line, close to Fenway. Steer clear of anything that reads like "forced fusion" as some of their attempts land flat.
6. Penguin Pizza, 735 Huntington Ave. - Closer to Brigham Circle, Penguin Pizza offers tasty traditional and alternative pizzas. People love the fig and prosciutto pizzas, BBQ chicken pizzas, and roasted eggplant ricotta pizzas. Not only is this a great option for vegetarians, but they have a major draft beer list.
7. Tasty Burger, 1301 Boylston St. - Sometimes nothing beats a burger. When you're in the mood, Tasty Burger delivers with healthier fast food burgers, fries, and onion rings. They're open until 2 a.m., which makes this a great late-night food option.
8. Fiouna’s Persian Fusion Cuisine, 90 Peterborough St. - This hidden gem is a great option for a fast lunch, take out, or dinner in. Fiouna's serves up tasty, healthy Persian staples like chicken and beef kebab, lamb, falafel wrap, and eggplant dip.
9. Thaitation, 129 Jersey. St - Top notch Thai favorites and efficient service make Thaitation a favorite lunch spot for locals. You'll find all the usual Thai classics here, from rich coconut curries to papaya salad, Pad See Ew and Pad Thai. All are great.
10. Trattoria Toscana, 130 Jersey St. - Come here after a date night at the MFA for hearty, sure-to-satisfy Italian food. Locals love it as much for the food (think truffled risotto and gorgonzola gnocci) a for the family-friendly service.
If you're looking to try one of these neighborhood picks, watch out for Boston Restaurant Week in August. You might be able to enjoy truly great food for less.