Newport, R.I. boasts a plethora of attractions, from colonial architecture and musical culture to sporting events and oceanic cuisine. This seaport location with a rich colonial history is located just 10 minutes away from our CHR apartment rentals.
Newport is the home of the grand Summer White Houses of Kennedy and Eisenhower, along with a substantial collection of buildings from colonial times. In fact, the Museum of Yachting rests inside a fort constructed during the War of 1812, but that’s not the only vestige of maritime history the city has to offer. Newport has plenty of opportunities for longtime sailors and amateurs alike to try their hand at sailing historic yachts or 120-foot “J” boats. Residents can also marvel at the Oliver Hazard Perry, a rare Class A Tall Ship from an era gone by.
One of the city’s most iconic attractions, the Cliff Walk affords residents a stunning 3.5-mile walk around Easton’s Beach shoreline on a National Recreation Trail. Other beaches, both public and private, abound.
An area of R.I. known for its festivals, Newport is the site of the famed annual Newport Folk and Jazz Festivals. Truly a renaissance locale, the city hasn’t let sports fall by the wayside. The city is also home to the International Tennis Hall of Fame, hosted America’s Cup Races, and was the site of the first recorded polo match in American history.
Rich in cuisine as well as culture, the jewel of R.I. offers apartment rentals near an eclectic selection of dining establishments. Lobster, clam chowder, and practically every seafood dish imaginable coexist with pub fare and upscale culinary opportunities.
Whatever you are looking for, be it architecture, culture, history or cuisine, apartment rentals near Newport are close to it all.
1 Apartment Home found in Newport, RI
2121 West Main RoadPortsmouth, RI 02871(844) 266-8362Island living calls and Bay View Estates is the answer. Amazing views define this coastal property close to Newport.41.565151-71.285643Boston: 56 miles / Providence 19 miles get directions
- Studio: $1080-1195
- 1 BR: $1245-1520
- 2 BR: $1480-1775
Newport, RI Highlights
- Opera House Theater (19 Touro St., Newport, RI) 41.489787-71.314578
- Jane Pickens Theater (49 Touro St., Newport, RI) 41.489614-71.313698
- Newport Gulls Baseball (20 America's Cup Ave., Newport, RI) 41.490888-71.316428
- Newport Vineyards & Winery (909 East Main Rd., Middletown , RI) 41.529299-71.272628
- Newport Mansions (424 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, RI) 41.475068 °-71.307808 °
- Simmon's Farm Stand (1942 West Main Road, Middletown, RI) 41.559999 °-71.287213 °
- Portsmouth Free Public Library (268 East Main Road, Portsmouth, RI) 41.601536 °-71.248886 °