Work for an award winning company where you will have the training you need to add to your skill set, the schedule you want to maintain a great work-life balance, and the pay and benefits you deserve. Learn new skills and make a positive impact on people’s lives every day.
Chestnut Hill Realty is looking for an Assistant Maintenance Supervisor with apartment maintenance experience. The position is located at our Regency Plaza property in Providence, Rhode Island. The Assistant Maintenance Supervisor works with the Service Manager to insure that all apartment units and other property facilities are in good working order and maintained to acceptable standards for CHR and for residents. This is an excellent opportunity to gain management experience with opportunity for future growth with the company.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Competitive compensation PLUS opportunities to earn regular overtime
- Outstanding benefits package, including perks like your Birthday off
- Onsite training center to learn new skills and enhance your current skillset
- Rotating on-call schedule
- Annual appreciation day
- Company equipment, uniform and vehicle (at some properties)
- Chestnut Hill Realty apartment discount
As an Assistant Service Manager, you will:
- Assists with supervising maintenance staff and serves as company representative with contractors and temporary staff. Coordinates and assists with training maintenance staff.
- Coordinate all move-ins and move-outs with Property Management and maintain a schedule for timely completion of apartment make-readies, ensuring that all apartments scheduled for move-ins are completely ready for the new resident prior to move-in date.
- Take on a leadership role when the Service Manager is not on site.
- On a regular basis must use independent judgment (following prescribed procedures) to determine actions to be taken, priorities, emergencies, etc. Must be able to deal with moderate to high levels of stress due to meeting deadlines, reprioritizing activities and supervising employees.
Are you the right person for the job?
- Technical knowledge in the following areas: electrical, plumbing, HVAC, swimming pool, carpentry, dry wall, exterior structural and appliances.
- Excellent communication skills demonstrating verbal and written expression, active listening and ability to interact with residents and team members
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Will be required to be on call and must be available for emergency situations including weekends and holidays
Chestnut Hill Realty supports individuals in reaching their full potential by supporting equal employment opportunities and an environment that values diversity. Chestnut Hill Realty complies with all applicable laws concerning hiring and employment practices and is firmly committed to fostering and maintaining a workplace free from discrimination. We pledge to hire, train, and promote our employees without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.