Work for an award winning company where you will have the training you need to add to your skill set, the schedule you want to maintain a great work-life balance, and the pay and benefits you deserve. Learn new skills and make a positive impact on people’s lives every day.
Chestnut Hill Realty is looking for a Construction Accountant to join our Construction and Development team. Picture yourself handling day to day accountant responsibilities associated with construction projects. Use your accounts payable and accounting skills to help the internal project management team and contractors play a crucial role in renovating our apartments.
As a Construction Accountant, you will:
- General accounting including accounts receivable, accounts payable and job costing.
- Complete month-end journal entries
- Assist in preparation and entry of budgets
- Assist with monthly owner requisitions
- Work closely with project managers & sub contractors on construction administration issues and contracts
Are you the right person for the job?
- The ideal Accountant will have some accounting experience, or a bachelor’s degree. Previous experience in construction accounting preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Programs (Word, Outlook, Excel) and computerized accounting systems (Timberline preferred).
- Proficiency in customer service and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with vendors, subcontractors, team members, and other business contacts.
- Ability to effectively work under pressure, reassess daily competing priorities and proactively meet deadlines
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), 2 weeks of vacation, your birthday off, PTO for volunteer hours
- Student Loan Debt Repayment program
- Chestnut Hill Realty Apartment Discount
- Great work-life balance
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- Opportunities for recognition and personal development
- Positive work environment
All job offers contingent upon satisfactory background check.
Chestnut Hill Realty supports individuals in reaching their full potential by supporting equal employment opportunities and an environment that values diversity. Chestnut Hill Realty complies with all applicable laws concerning hiring and employment practices and is firmly committed to fostering and maintaining a workplace free from discrimination. We pledge to hire, train, and promote our employees without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.