Work for an award-winning company where you will have the training you need to add to your skill set, the schedule you want to maintain a great work-life balance, and the pay and benefits you deserve. Learn new skills and make a positive impact on people’s lives every day!
Chestnut Hill Realty is looking for an Apartment Maintenance Technician to join the team for our Brighton portfolio. Use your skills to help our residents with their maintenance needs and play a crucial role in making their apartment feel like home. Your work directly impacts the quality of their experience in the community. Take pride in making their lives as comfortable, stress-free, and happy as possible.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Competitive compensation PLUS opportunities to earn overtime
- Excellent benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), 2 weeks of vacation, your birthday off, PTO for volunteer hours
- We have a maintenance training center to help you add to your skill set by learning everything from basic electric to essential plumbing skills and more.
- Won’t be on-call 24/7, the on-call schedule rotates
- Positive work environment
- We even have a Maintenance Appreciation Day every year to recognize your efforts and a way to say “thank you”.
As a Maintenance Technician, you will:
- Effectively handle resident service requests and work orders, correcting the situation within 24 hours when possible
- Assess and repair issues including electrical, plumbing, A/C, HVAC, appliances, and interiors
- Ensure all make-ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule
- Respond to on-call emergencies
- Promote good public relations with residents, contractors and co-workers.
Are you the right person for the job?
- Don’t have apartment maintenance experience? Don’t worry! All you need to have is a team player attitude and the desire to learn.
- Knowledge or interest in carpentry, electrical, plumbing
- Proficiency in customer service and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with residents, team members, and other business contacts, respond courteously to questions and requests, and stay calm when addressing and resolving customer problems.
- In property management, evenings and weekends are par for the course. The ideal candidate needs schedule flexibility to be on call.
- Must efficiently handle a changing environment and be capable of dealing with multiple people and various situations.
- Valid driver license and reliable transportation is required.
If you have a strong commitment to customer service, we want to hear from you.
All job offers contingent upon satisfactory background check
Chestnut Hill Realty supports individuals in reaching their full potential by supporting equal employment opportunities and an environment that values diversity. Chestnut Hill Realty complies with all applicable laws concerning hiring and employment practices and is firmly committed to fostering and maintaining a workplace free from discrimination. We pledge to hire, train, and promote our employees without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.